Who we are
- Delivered one of the world’s largest and fastest windows device deployments (over 1.3 million) in UK.
- Acquisition of ITL Logistics in Germany.
- Computacenter’s 40th ‘birthday’.
- Acquisition of Pivot in United States & Canada.
- Acquisition of BT’s domestic operations in France.
- Opening of the new state of the art Integration Center in Kerpen, Germany.
- Computacenter acquires the IT Asset Disposal business RDC in the UK.
- Establishment of Computacenter Ireland.
- Acquisition of Fusionstorm in US & Misco Solutions in The Netherlands.
- Computacenter achieves over £100m Profit (PBT) for the first time.
- Acquisition of TeamUltra – a ServiceNow Gold Services Partner.
- Computacenter establishes its own presence with 600 employees across the region - in the US and Mexico City Service Center.
- Establishment of Computacenter India.
- International Service Center opens in Budapest, Hungary.
- Opening of Gonesse Integration Center in north-eastern Paris, France.
- Significant growth in international managed service contracts.
- Acquisition of Damax in Switzerland.
- Our service facilities are extended with new Service Center in Barcelona and through the acquisition of Digica, in Cape Town, South Africa.
- Establishment of Computacenter US Inc. to support global service contracts.
- Acquisition of GE CompuNet in Germany.
- Computacenter Belgium is established.
- Opening of Europe’s largest state-of-the-art Integration Center in Hatfield, UK.
- On 21 May 1998 Computacenter successfully floats on the London Stock Exchange.
- Computacenter France becomes a wholly owned subsidiary of Computacenter.
- Mike Norris is appointed as Chief Executive Officer.
- Computacenter becomes the largest UK privately owned IT company.
- Computacenter begins to deliver the first End User managed services contract for a major UK banking organisation.
- Computacenter was formed by two British entrepreneurs, Peter Ogden and Philip Hulme.