Last updated: 5 December 2019
We recommend that you read this Privacy Notice in full to ensure you are fully informed. However, if you only want to access a particular section of this Privacy Notice, then you can click on the relevant link below to jump to that section.
What does Computacenter do?
Computacenter is a leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services. We have offices in San Francisco, Irvine, New York, New Jersey and Massachusetts among others in the United States, as well as international offices including our parent organization in the United Kingdom and offices in Germany, France, Belgium, Switzerland, Hungary, Spain South Africa, Ireland, Malaysia, and Mexico. We also service our customers' global requirements through our extensive partner network.
What personal information does Computacenter collect and why?
The personal information that we may collect about you broadly falls into the following categories:
Information that you provide voluntarily
Certain parts of our Website may ask you to provide personal information voluntarily: for example, we may ask you to provide your contact details in order to subscribe to marketing communications from us, register for a Computacenter event or submit enquiries to us. When you apply for a job with us we will ask you for additional information such as your work history and educational background.
Information that we collect automatically
When you visit our Website, we may collect certain information automatically from your device.
Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our Website, including the pages accessed and links clicked.
Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our Website, where they come from, and what content on our Website is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our Website to our visitors.
Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technology, as explained further under the heading “What cookies does Computacenter use?” below.
We will normally collect personal information from you only (i) where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, (ii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights, or (iii) where we have your consent to do so.
In order to carry out contracts, Computacenter has collected and disclosed personal information such as name, job title, phone number, email address and IP address of companies with which it enters into contracts for performance of services.
If you have questions about our use of your personal information, please contact us below under “How do I contact Computacenter?”
Who does Computacenter share my personal information with?
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- to our affiliates and subsidiaries. A list of our current affiliates and subsidiaries is available here;
- to third party services providers and partners who:
- provide data processing services to us (for example, to support the delivery of, provide functionality on, or help to enhance the security of our Website)
- perform any other services for Computacenter.
- to any other person with your consent to the disclosure
- If required by law
What cookies does Computacenter use?
How does Computacenter keep my personal information secure?
We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information and may include technical controls such as system access, data separation and back-up and recovery as well as organizational controls such as staff vetting, staff training and building entry controls.
How long does Computacenter keep my data for?
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we delete personal information, it will be removed from our active database, but it may remain in archives where it is not practical or possible to delete it. In addition, we may keep your personal information as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and/or enforce any of our agreements.
What data protection rights do I have?
You can get in touch with us using the contact details provided under the “How do I contact Computacenter?” heading below to exercise the following data protection rights:
- Your right to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information. Your right to request disclosure of:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which the personal information was collected.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting the personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- Your right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. To opt-out of email marketing, you can also exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you.
- Your right, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, to withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Will this Privacy Notice be updated?
How do I contact Computacenter?
You may contact Computacenter with any questions or requests concerning your personal information. Please address your questions to:
- Director of Legal Affairs at DataPrivacy@computacenter.com or
- General Counsel at Amy.Morrissey@computacenter.com
In the European Economic Area, you may also contact our data protection officer at GDPR@computacenter.com.