Adapting the supply chain from traditional physical infrastructure to cloud-based services
Computacenter is helping the Met Office adopt Public Cloud services to enable them to scale-up against increasing data volumes, and to deliver the agility that they need to be able to respond to market demands.
The advantages for us are that Computacenter really understand us. They really understand our business. They really understand our IT. They understand how we workRichard Bevan, Associate Director of Operational Technology, Met Office
OBJECTIVEThe Met Office needs to migrate services to cloud to respond faster to market and customer demands. They need to transform from legacy physical infrastructure to cloud-based services, but without impacting scientific research, their vast data processing requirements, or their super-computer – which underpins both IT-based scientific research, and day-to-day operations.
- Independent advice on tools, technology and infrastructure
- Development of an adaptable cloud strategy and migration process and methodology
- A compliant route to market for cloud services
Download the full case study here
- Consultancy services resulting in a strategic plan for future scaling-up
- Flexible partner able to adapt their methodology and skill-set
- Utilised industry partnerships to attain strong commercials
- Early visibility of future roadmaps is providing a view of future challenges
- Scalable, predictable and transparent costs