London Borough of Hackney saves £80,000 by consolidating software licences
Being compliant, though reducing risk
As a local council, London Borough of Hackney is continually facing pressure to reduce its costs. The council was keen to reduce the risk of over-spending on software licensing while safeguarding compliance.
Computacenter provided us with the licensing knowledge and intelligence we needed to enable cost savings of around £80k.Glen Poulley, ICT Contracts Monitoring & Development Manager, London Borough of Hackney
- Reduce risk of over-spending on software licenses
- Ensure compliant software estate
- Ensure licence agreements match needs
Computacenter identified that around 70 per cent of the Borough’s Oracle licences could be retired, resulting in cost savings of up to £80,000. The project also helped ensure compliance and minimise the risk of audit.
Over three months, Computacenter completed a thorough analysis of the council’s requirements and existing licences. It then advised on the licences that were no longer necessary, and those that could be consolidated.Download the full case study here
- Cost savings of up to £80,000
- Simplified ongoing software licence management
- Increased understanding of agreements and requirements