With ICT providing a critical role in UK education policy, Computacenter is committed to helping educators and their students harness safe, sustainable and future-shaping Technology solutions. While COVID-19 highlighted the power of technology to help connect and support children and young people, the platforms created to meet urgent learning needs can now be used to shape the teacher and student experience for the future.
In the UK, the digital skills shortage has created demand and competition for talent in an employment landscape where the need for basic digital skills is almost universal. Through integrating technology into the learning experience, we can help to prepare future generations of talented people to perform jobs that don’t even exist yet.
In parallel, we want to play our part in making the teaching profession a destination career supporting collaboration, innovation and work/life balance for the people that help shape the future of the UK. Through applying our 40 years of experience helping private and public sector organisations realise their investments in IT to deliver better outcomes, Computacenter can help to accelerate the digital transformation for schools and colleges, increasing digital literacy and improving the teaching and learning experience for all.
- We have proven end-to-end services to help define your digital strategy, get best value for money and choose the right technologies for educational needs
- We have relationships with over 1,100 IT vendors and 4,000 manufacturers, providing choice and flexibility to help address individual and specific needs
- We are trusted by our customers to provide secure, connected IT solutions that keep people connected wherever they are
- UK headquartered and tax paying, we are committed to helping develop children and young people to build a sustainable future
- We’re also investing in the UK’s future with our Future Talents programme, which includes IT apprenticeships, STEM outreach in schools, and a prestigious graduate programme
Mail Force Computers for Kids
Computacenter is proud to be the IT partner for the Daily’s Mail’s Computers for Kids scheme. The Mail Force charity was set up in 2020 to help healthcare workers and volunteers obtain essential personal protective equipment (PPE). In early 2021, the charity turned its attention to helping keep children and young people connected and learning when they couldn’t be in a school setting. The money raised in this campaign is being used to get schoolchildren online so they can do the work set by their teachers.
Our role is to collect the laptops provided by businesses across the UK and safely refurbish them before distributing them to the schools that need them. Not only is this delivering tens of thousands of computers to children and young people throughout the UK, but it is also contributing to reducing the environmental impact of technology through reusing devices that might otherwise have been disposed.
Mail Force is a registered charity established and supported by the Daily Mail and General Trust, which owns the Mail newspaper.