Digital Change Agents
The Future of the IT Service Desk
You've got to start with the user
The IT service desk is at a crossroads. Many market commentators believe evolution has been too slow; they are calling for a radical new vision of the service desk - not only in terms of how it works, but also in how it serves the people who use it. It has to have a completely new vision of its place within an organisation and its role in driving effectiveness and value.
Striking a balance
- Functionality versus strategic service
- Consumer-like expectations versus corporate standards
- Unavoidable cost versus investment in people
- Self-empowerment with real expertise
- Technological transformation with business enablement culture
It's about sharing knowledge, collaboration and a great user experience of the IT itself. It's the face of IT - the shop window - so it has to be a priority to prove its relevance.