Reducing IT cost and movement to tower based procurement models
Computacenter enables organisations to reduce ICT infrastructure costs by 30 - 40%, mitigate risk and deliver an improved user experience. Providing an industrialised process underpinned by commercial transparency and operational flexibility, we align your business to Government ICT strategy. By working with Central Government IT departments we can help modernise the Central Government workplace to deliver an improved user experience that is both flexible and secure.
With a 30-year heritage in public sector ICT, Computacenter is ideally placed to help the transition to this new operating landscape.
- Computacenter’s capabilities and experience of working in tower-based eco-systems for customers such as Lloyds Banking Group, Rolls Royce and BT have been endorsed by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, with the award of a 5 year, £80m Desktop Infrastructure outsourcing contract.
- We differentiate through our commitment to delivering commoditised ICT services with a high level of commercially transparency and flexibility, enabling effective right-sizing of services for the lowest possible cost.
- Computacenter is financially stable, with annual revenues of over £3bn and over £75m cash reserves, enabling us to compete and win against the established global Systems Integrators.
- Computacenter is the largest FTSE listed, British IT service provider. We pay all UK taxes, including corporation tax at the prevailing rate, and are proud to support the UK economy.
- We feature on all major Government Procurement Service (GPS) ICT frameworks, including ITH&S, CITHS, PSN, ITMS, GCloud, endorsing our status as a long standing, credible supplier to Central Government, as well as the wider public sector.
Central Government faces a significant challenge in breaking up legacy monolithic outsourcing agreements to shorter contracts, competed within a “tower- based eco-system". A more diverse range of specialist suppliers, especially SMEs, must be involved to fulfil the specialist ‘Tower’ contracts. This can drive lower costs, greater innovation and a more competitive market place, supporting adoption of the “digital first” policy.
From desktop upgrades, datacenter consolidation and virtualisation programmes, mobility strategies and collaboration solutions, we work with ICT departments, Service Integrators and other tower based providers in a highly collaborative way.
Consistently awarded positions on major GPS ICT procurement frameworks and with our propositions are designed to align to the EUD strategy. We are uniquely placed to support medium to very large ICT estates from 1000 users to over 100,000 users, with services accredited across the spectrum of HMG security tiers. By working with Central Government IT departments we can help modernise the Central Government workplace to deliver an improved user experience that is both flexible and secure.
- Experience in tower-based eco-systems
- Deliver commoditised ICT services
- Transparency and flexibility enables right-sizing of services at lowest possible price
- Financial stability with over £3bn and over £75m cash reserves
- Computacenter is the largest FTSE listed, British IT service provider.
- We pay all UK taxes, including corporation tax at the prevailing rate
- On all major Government Procurement Service (GPS) ICT frameworks
- Including ITH&S, CITHS, PSN, ITMS, GCloud,
- A long standing, credible supplier to Central Government