Manage & Transform
Consult & Change
Source & Deploy
With Computacenter's help, organisations can adopt a
collaboration and communications strategy that will reduce
operational costs while improving productivity.
Computacenter played a key role in helping us maximise the latest wireless technologies. By using the WLAN to converge our data and voice traffic, we will be able to save £100,000s over the coming years on communication costs.
Head of ICT
South Wales Fire and Rescue Service
Unified Communication & Collaboration includes:
- Video Collaboration
- Corporate Email & Messaging
- Mobile Worker
- User Collaboration
- Digital Media & Signage
On our customers' agenda
These services address core business issues facing organisations today.
Unnecessary business travel increases cost, wastes valuable time and impacts the environment. Enabling people to communicate and collaborate easily and quickly regardless of whether they are based in an office, at home or at multiple locations has become a key priority.
This challenge is compounded in the current economic climate, which is driving even greater demand for a more distributed way of working. With cost-reducing travel bans in place at many organisations, finding ways to collaborate internally and with customers has become critical to an organisation's productivity and profitability.
However, many organisations' communications platforms have not kept pace with the change in workplace practices. As a result, users have inconsistent access to non-standard, disparate technologies that are often expensive to maintain.
Creating an IT infrastructure that can support flexible and remote working is fraught with difficulties and more often than not results in duplication of effort.
Computacenter will help you develop a cost-effective strategy that meets the needs of your organisation and user groups. Our Unified Communication and Collaboration services provide support through the entire process:
- Strategy: Computacenter evaluates your business processes, applications and infrastructure to determine the most appropriate unified communications roadmap. Video conferencing, Voice Over IP (VOIP), digital media signage and email are just some of the communications solutions that we will evaluate. We can also help you develop the business justification.
- Transform: Working in partnership, Computacenter will assess the network and remote access security implications of collaboration and communications for your organisation as well as the most effective way to reduce cost and maximise user mobility. Computacenter accelerates 'time to results' by identifying the most effective deployment strategy. With proof of concepts, pilots and strong project management skills, we can reduce your implementation risks and expenditure.
Computacenter's Unified Communication and Collaboration services will drive benefits for your organisation and employees This will support:
- Cost reduction: A unified communications strategy reduces the IT overhead through the centralisation, convergence and consolidation of disparate technologies. A more mobile workforce is also more productive, which means organisations can achieve better results with the same or fewer resources.
- Growth and business change: By enabling staff to work effectively from any location, your organisation will become more mobile and agile. This means you can respond quicker to organisational change and support flexible working practices. Better collaboration will also lead to improved productivity allowing information to be shared more easily.
- Environmental goals: By enabling employees to communicate and collaborate remotely, there is less need for travel. This helps to reduce your organisation's overall carbon footprint as well as unnecessary travel expenses.
Computacenter will make your business sharper by removing cost, complexity and barriers to change. We have an open, pragmatic approach, and always provide independent advice, working with IT departments, not around them.
Computacenter serves its clients from offices and facilities across the UK, Germany, France, the Benelux countries and Spain. We also have a support centre in South Africa and a network of global partners.
With 25 years of practical IT 'know how', we will change the way you think about technology. Computacenter's services and solutions are based on the same strong values:
- Repeatable best practice: Computacenter's Shared Services Factory captures the key elements of our most successful projects, which helps to reduce the complexity and cost of future customer implementations.
- Breadth and scale: We have extensive expertise of delivering network, datacenter and desktop transformation projects that help organisations optimise their people, processes and technologies. We have the largest independent engineering force in the UK, and our staff hold more than 200 vendor and industry accreditations, including Microsoft, Cisco, Citrix, Oracle, EMC, VMware, Symantec, HP, IBM and Sun certifications.
- Innovation: Our unique multi-vendor Solutions Centre enables customers to prototype, test and prove new technology investments at no risk to production systems.
To find out how Computacenter's Unified Communication & Collaboration service can help you, please contact your account manager or email email@example.com