Manage & Transform
Consult & Change
Source & Deploy
Computacenter's Flexible Workplace services enable
organisations to establish a desktop infrastructure that
boosts efficiency, reduces cost and increases flexibility.
By optimising our infrastructure, we can do things quicker, cheaper and to a better quality…. With Computacenter's help, we now have a technology platform that will help drive the business forward and support our company ambitions.
Client Computing Manager
Flexible Workplace includes:
On our customers' agenda
These services address core business issues facing organisations today.
Customer service levels, compliance and cost control can all be impacted by how an organisation manages its laptops and desktops. With users and client devices dispersed across an increasing number of locations, IT departments must be able to resolve issues, maintain security defences, deploy new applications and track software utilisation from a central location.
To simplify this day-to-day management burden, organisations need to optimise their desktop environments by enabling greater integration, automation and standardisaton. This will ensure a rapid response to organisational change and simplify the adoption of new technologies that empower users and the business.
As well as removing the cost and complexity associated with the workplace, IT departments need to be able to deliver increased services to the business and provide end-users with greater flexibility around how and where they work, whether they are mobile or based in multiple locations.
Computacenter's Flexible Workplace services enable organisations to establish a secure and scalable desktop infrastructure that is cost-effective to support. Our services include traditional and innovative approaches, and encompass:
- Strategy: Working in partnership, we will analyse the needs of your organisation and user communities to establish a strategic roadmap for your desktop environment ensuring that you understand the impact of the various technology options. We will deliver a detailed business and cost justification document highlighting the most appropriate and energy-efficient desktop investments.
- Migration: Computacenter will reduce the risk of migrating to new desktop technologies by using proven rapid migration processes that minimise user downtime and implementation times. Computacenter is a Microsoft Gold Certified partner and has worked extensively with the vendor on infrastructure optimisation projects.
- Desktop virtualisation: We can help you develop virtual user environments that break down the technical and geographical barriers of traditional desktop infrastructures.
An optimised desktop infrastructure is easier to support and more responsive to organisational change. This will help free up resources to focus on strategic enablement, and result in the following business benefits:
- Cost reduction: Computacenter helps organisations realise cost savings by moving them from an 'unmanaged' environment towards a 'dynamic' environment where the business value of the infrastructure can be clearly measured.
- Supporting growth and business change: By taking advantage of new desktop technologies, such as virtualisation, your organisation will be more responsive to organisational change and able to support flexible working practices.
- Risk avoidance: Better control and visibility of your desktop environment will reduce the risk of software licensing violations and security breaches. By translating vendor product roadmaps into reality, Computacenter can ensure your organisation maximises the value of its technology investments and avoids any unnecessary expense.
Computacenter will make your business sharper by removing cost, complexity and barriers to change. We have an open, pragmatic approach, and always provide independent advice, working with IT departments, not around them.
Computacenter serves its clients from offices and facilities across the UK, Germany, France, the Benelux countries and Spain. We also have a support centre in South Africa and a network of global partners.
With 25 years of practical IT 'know how', we will change the way you think about technology. Computacenter's services and solutions are based on the same strong values:
- Repeatable best practice: Computacenter's Shared Services Factory captures the key elements of our most successful projects, which helps to reduce the complexity and cost of future customer implementations.
- Breadth and scale: We have extensive expertise of delivering desktop transformation projects that help organisations optimise their people, processes and technologies. We have the largest independent engineering force in the UK, and our staff hold more than 200 vendor and industry accreditations. Our strong relationships with many key vendors including Microsoft, Citrix, Oracle and VMware means that we are involved in early adopter programmes and infrastructure optimisation activities.
- Innovation: Our unique multi-vendor Solutions Centre enables customers to prototype, test and prove new technology investments at no risk to production systems.
To find out how Computacenter's Flexible Workplace service can help you, please contact your account manager or email email@example.com