Manage & Transform
Consult & Change
Source & Deploy
With Computacenter's help organisations can optimise their
datacenters to achieve increased efficiency, greater business
agility, lower operational costs and a smaller carbon footprint.
Since implementing the new server infrastructure, we now have greener, simpler and more cost-effective datacenters
Computacenter had an integral role in ensuring the success of such a complex project, we were impressed by the openness and the collaborative approach taken by the project team
Dynamic Datacenter includes:
- Infrastructure Virtualisation
- Current State Assessment
- Infrastructure Discovery & Analysis
- Infrastructure Automation & Orchestration
- Database Optimisation
- Server & Storage Consolidation
- Proof of Concepts
- Datacenter Relocation
On our customers' agenda
These services address core business issues facing organisations today.
Increased business demand for IT functionality has driven considerable and rapid datacenter growth for many organisations.
This has often happened on an ad hoc basis, with 'stove-pipe' application deployment resulting in elements of the infrastructure running at full capacity while others are under-utilised. For IT departments, this means higher support and operating costs and massive inefficiencies.
Support costs are just one escalating datacenter overhead – with multiple facilities and sprawling server estates, organisations also face rising energy bills and floorspace requirements.
To help reduce the total cost of ownership, organisations need to ensure they are making best use of all their datacenter resources through the adoption of standardised processes and flexible technologies. Inefficient processes and cumbersome IT platforms will slow down organisational change and become a barrier to revenue growth.
Computacenter's Dynamic Datacenter services enable organisations to establish a resilient and scalable infrastructure that is cost-effective to support. Our end-to-end services encompass:
- Strategy: We will help baseline your existing datacenter environment and technologies to establish a single up-to-date view of systems and configuration. Our experienced consultants will then agree a roadmap for your datacenter infrastructure, adopting approaches such as consolidation, virtualisation and storage tiering.
- Transformation: Computacenter will reduce the risk of migrating to new datacenter technologies and minimise 'time to results'. We have considerable experience of datacenter virtualisation programmes, relocation and consolidation projects, and co-ordinating platform migrations. Before any of these activities are undertaken, we will assess the requirements of each application to ensure the implications of change do not impact system reliability, performance or integrity.
Computacenter's Dynamic Datacenter services will enable your organisation to remove cost, complexity and barriers to change. This will result in:
- Cost savings: Our services will optimise your organisation's utilisation of IT assets, resources and space as well as decrease support costs. This will maximise your return on investment from existing IT infrastructure and minimise future capital expenditure.
- Business agility: By taking advantage of new datacenter technologies such as virtualisation, your organisation will have rapid access to new server resources without the need for investment in new hardware. This agility is vital for responding to business change.
- Reduced environmental impact: An optimised datacenter infrastructure will reduce power and cooling requirements and therefore your organisation's carbon footprint and energy bills.
- Risk avoidance: Within an optimised datacenter environment data can be protected better, which is key for maintaining regulatory compliance and your organisation's reputation.
Computacenter will make your business sharper by removing cost, complexity and barriers to change. We have an open, pragmatic approach, and always provide independent advice, working with IT departments, not around them.
Computacenter serves its clients from offices and facilities across the UK, Germany, France, the Benelux countries and Spain. We also have a support centre in South Africa and a network of global partners.
With 25 years of practical IT 'know how', we will change the way you think about technology. Computacenter's services and solutions are based on the same strong values:
- Repeatable best practice: Computacenter's Shared Services Factory captures the key elements of our most successful projects, which helps to reduce the complexity and cost of future customer implementations.
- Breadth and scale: We have extensive expertise of delivering network, data centre and desktop transformation projects that help organisations optimise their people, processes and technologies. We have the largest independent engineering force in the UK, and our staff hold more than 200 vendor and industry accreditations, including SUN, IBM, HP, Microsoft, Oracle, EMC, VERITAS, VMware, Symantec, Cisco and Citrix certifications.
- Innovation: Our unique multi-vendor Solutions Centre enables customers to prototype, test and prove new technology investments at no risk to production systems.
To find out how Computacenter's Dynamic Datacenter service can help you, please contact your account manager or email firstname.lastname@example.org