Manage & Transform
Consult & Change
Source & Deploy
IP Telephony & VoIP
As one of the UK's leading multi-vendor IP based telephony systems integrators, Computacenter transforms corporate communications via the delivery of cost-effective collaboration, IP Telephony and VoIP services
A service component of our Borderless Network solution.
What we do
An IP-based communications infrastructure underpins and enables the adoption of a cost-effective 'next generation' communications environment.
Computacenter deploys risk mitigated IP based telephony solutions that allows organisations to leverage the end to end networked connectivity foundation already in existence. This helps to drive down operational costs and accelerate the adoption of next generation working practices.
Careful alignment with each organisation is critical to success. Prior to the implementation of a Computacenter IP Telephony and VoIP solution, we will determine the most appropriate communication roadmap for the organisation and users. Computacenter will evaluate internal processes, applications, infrastructure and communication costs and help to develop a business justification.
By leveraging trusted design and deployment approaches, Computacenter is able to consolidate, simplify and centralise an organisation's data, voice and video requirements into a converged IP based communications network that enables end-to-end collaboration.
How it helps
An IP telephony and VoIP solutions will provide the foundations that an organisation needs for more cost-effective and available communications. This will result in:
- Reduced costs: A converged voice and data network is cheaper to run, and will eliminate the need to invest in new dedicated telephony lines.
- Increased flexibility: Adoption of unified messaging and other IP-based applications makes it easier for staff to work remotely, not only increaing productivity but also reducing the need for dedicated office space.
Minimised environmental impact: By enabling staff to work remotely and equipping them with real-time collaboration tools, there will be less need for them to travel to meetings. This will reduce an organisation's overall carbon footprint as well as travel expenses.
- Agility and Innovation: The rich collaboration experience moblised by IP based telephony environments, video-enabled messaging and unified collaboration platforms greatly improves communication, interaction and group working. Decision making speed increases and sharing is enhanced driving innovation with greater agility.
Why we are different
We approach IP telephony transformation from a business perspective to ensure technology implementations support business outcomes. Due to the critical nature of voice communications and collaboration solutions, Computacenter insists on careful alignment with each organisation to mitigate risk and ensure success.
Our best practice implementation approach includes a detailed investigation to determine the most appropriate communication roadmap for each organisation. Computacenter can even evaluate processes, applications, infrastructure and communication costs to develop a business case to justify financial investment and test benefits realised. We offer:
- Breadth and depth: With a dedicated networking and communications practice possessing more than 20 years' experience. Our IP Telephony and VoIP services are closely integrated with our other core infrastructure services to enable customers to take a unified approach to IT.
- Innovation: Our unique multi-vendor Solutions Centre enables customers to prototype, test and prove new communication technologies at no risk to the organisation's live environment.
- Quality of Partnership: Our multi- vendor expertise ensures high quality risk mitigated solution delivery. Computacenter is a Cisco gold partner with IPT specialisation with consultants also experienced in leading multi-vendor platforms such as Avaya.
Where we have done it
South Wales Fire and Rescue Service
Computacenter also helped South Wales Fire and Rescue Service test, design and deploy a point-to-point wireless broadband network that supports VoIP. The network provides connectivity to more than 40 fire stations across South Wales, and is used to alert fire stations to emergency incidents and to route all telephone calls.
"By using the WLAN to converge our data and voice traffic, we will be able to save £100,000s over the coming years on communication costs."
- Chris Williams, Head of ICT, South Wales Fire and Rescue Service
To find out how Computacenter's IP Telephony & VoIP service can help you, please contact your account manager or email email@example.com